Magazine clippings I used to cut out of newspapers and the music press back in my youth.
If you want to leave any feedback about my website prehistoricsounds.com or this blog just go to The Guestbook Post

An evening with Ignatius, Joylene and the lads

One of the more (dare we say) outrageous Australian bands of the early 80s with live shows consisting of simulated sex acts, baby burning, pigs heads and more gracing the stage.
As far as I can recall this article was cut out of the Brisbane Courier Mail in 1981.
Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant idea Bazzil - deserves a post over at mine and a chance to finally post the brilliant Jimmy and the Boys gig you sent me.

    Good luck with the blog - I hope this will inspire even more people to do similar with their old clippings, videos, albums etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Bazzil.

    Nedman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just chanced upon this -- your copies of my clippings are way better; mine are all yellowed and torn! I remember that night surprisingly well. Joylene tried to pick me up, grabbed my reporter's notebook and scribbled poetry into it, then signed it "Oscar Wilde", kept asking me to jump into their van with them to the Gold Coast. If he'd left the make-up on I might have been tempted! And not really sure, but if it was 1981 then it was more likely The Courier-Mail. cheers, Richard Conrad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Richard, if you are keen to scan a few of those old clippings from the era send them my way I'd love to post them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, will do...
    And found my copy of this clipping; it's dated: 7 September 1981. That was a Monday, so it was The Courier-Mail.

    ReplyDelete